TEN REASONS TO VISIT DESTIN IN OCTOBER
WHAT BRINGS THE MAJORITY OF SUMMER-WEARY TOURISTS TO DESTIN EVERY FALL, THE PROMISE OF SURF AND SUNSHINE ALONG THE EMERALD COAST STRIP OF CRYSTAL SANDY BEACHFRONT THAT STRETCHES FOR MILES. BUT WHEN YOU TIRE OF THE SOOTHING CRASH OF THE WAVES, THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER DIVERSIONS. HERE ARE SEVERAL TO GET YOU STARTED.
1. 34th Annual Destin Seafood Festival October 5th - 7th, 2012. The Seafood Festival is hosted along the beautiful Destin Harbor and the Harbor Boardwalk. With the action of the Destin Fishing Rodeo right in the heart of the Festival, there is lots of excitement along the docks. This is so much more than a festival to us- It is a tribute to the rich history of the Destin Harbor and the Fishing community.
Come join us along the Boardwalk for a great weekend of seafood, live music, arts & crafts and family fun. This three day festival will be full of arts, crafts, music, food, entertainment, fireworks, and excitement for all! It will showcase the Best that Destin has to offer on the Harbor. Stroll along the Harbor Board Walk from one end to the other with over a mile of Festival on the water showcasing Destin's Fishing Fleet, Harbor Restaurants & Bars and breath taking sunsets!
2. Incredible Value - Marking the end of the busy summer season, many of our homes and condos are at lower rates during the fall. This is a fantastic time to visit, where you can enjoy a summer-like entertainment schedule, for a fraction of the cost… saving you more money to enjoy some of the excellent Destin restaurants and attractions.
3. Destin Fishing Rodeo - Established in 1948, The Destin Fishing Rodeo is the ultimate fishing tournament for saltwater anglers of all ages. Open every day - October 1st through October 31st.
Over 30,000 anglers compete throughout the month of October & Junior, Teen, Ladies and Senior Divisions with over $100,000 awarded in cash and prizes.
4. Cooler Temperatures & Less Crowded - Beat the heat Destin gets during the peak of the summer season, and don’t worry about dealing with crowded beaches, or long lines and waits at restaurants and attractions along the beach. With most of the kids back at School, fall is a great time to experience the beaches of Destin at a more relaxed pace, and a more comfortable climate.
5. 2012 Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival recently named one of the USA’s top 12 food festivals by Parade Magazine. The 36th Annual Festival will be held October 19-21, 2012 in Niceville, Florida. In addition to mouth-watering foods, snacks and refreshments, the Mullet Festival promises fun and good times for all with high quality arts and crafts, a huge selection of clothing, jewelry and other goods, collectibles and merchandise, carnival rides and booths, cartoon characters, and local and top name entertainment.
6. Stunning Sunsets - Fall is often considered to be the local’s favorite time of the year. It is also one of the best times to witness some of the World’s most incredible sunsets. Something magical seems to happen in the skies when the temperatures drop just after the summer season. Witness the sky turn dramatic shades of hot pink, orange, and glow fiery red. With Destin sunsets as stunning as these, you don’t need to be a professional photographer to take stunning pictures!
7. Destin Festival of the Arts - Recognized as one of Northwest Florida’s premier fine art shows with over 100 juried artists from around the United States. Other festival amenities feature strolling performers, a bistro food court, continuous entertainment and festival merchandise. Children can discover their artistic flare with hands-on art activities at Art Stop. A Collaborative Art Exhibit showcases over 40 community artists representing students and adults. Festival Hours: Saturday, October 29 – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Sunday, October 30 – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
8. Henderson Beach State Park – Open 365 days a year, this park includes pristine white sugar sand beaches and more than 6,000 feet of natural scenic shoreline that border the emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Natural features of the park include sand pines, scrub oaks, and dune rosemary. Boardwalks provide access to the beach for swimming, sunbathing, and fishing. Four large and two small pavilions allow for picnicking and grilling. A playground is the first stop on our nature trail and is sure to be a success with the kids. The nature trail provides visitors a rare glimpse of the coastal dune ecosystem and abundant wildlife and is pet friendly. Visitors can enjoy truly breathtaking sunsets while relaxing by the warm crystal clear water of the Gulf of Mexico.
9. Baytowne Beer Fest - Time to roll out the barrel and discover unique suds & ales! The Village of Baytowne Wharf at Sandestin presents the 5th Annual Baytowne Wharf Beer Fest October 19 & 20, 2012 from 2-6pm. American specialty beers from around the nation will be available for participants to sample and savor. The main event will feature more than 200 domestic and international craft beers available for sampling. Brewery representatives will be available at the event, offering an opportunity to learn about the different types of lagers and ales from a variety of styles. Live music will be featured throughout the weekend.
10. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST – BEACHVIEW VACATION RENTALS is located in Destin with many luxury homes and condos that are located right on the crystal sands of the beautiful Emerald Coast of Florida! Our homes offer breathtaking views of the gulf and amenities beyond your most luxurious dream! CALL US TODAY AND BOOK YOUR FALL GETAWAY TO THE BEACH!